Liquid Nitrogen (LN2) Users Please Take Notice
- There are some very simple rules which you must follow.
- The LN2 is primarily for CM12, EDAX, and Ion-mill usage.
- The LN2 is not purchased for general departmental consumption.
- Outside users may occasionally buy LN2 from this laboratory.
- It is a privilege for outside users to take small quantities of LN2, not a right.
- Outside users include:
- CTSR (Herman, Sampath)
- ESCA (Clayton, Halada)
- LEED (Jona)
- AMCL (Gouma)
- MTL (Berndt)
- Polymer (Rafailovich, Sokolov)
- ESG/ESM Classes
- X-ray Topography (Dudley)
- Magneto-Optics (Gambino)
- uGravity (Larson)
- Outside users also include people from other departments.
- If you regularly require LN2, then you must purchase it yourself somewhere else.
- If you require more than 5 liters, then you must ask for permission from J. Quinn.
- You must record your usage in the log-book.
- Entries should rounded off to the next highest 5-liter multiple.
- Occasionally, you will not be allowed to take any quantities exceeding 5-liters.
- Failure to record the removal of LN2 will result in suspension of privileges.
- Use the provided gloves and face mask.
- Do not wear sandals or open-toed/top shoes.
- Do not directly fill a glass vessel.
- Do not over-tighten the liquid valve.
- Do not change hoses if you have not been given permission.
- Do not leave rags on the liquid valve.
- Tell me (J. Quinn) when a tank is empty.
- Do not reorder LN2 if you have not been given permission.
- General abuse of policies will result in the removal of all LN2.
Go back to the MSE home page.
NOTICE: INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THIS SERVER RELATING TO GOODS AND
SERVICES OFFERED BY THIRD PARTIES IS PROVIDED SOLELY FOR INFORMATION
PURPOSES AND IS NOT INTENDED AS AN ENDORSEMENT OR EXPRESSION OF SUPPORT
BY USB OR ITS AGENTS AND EMPLOYEES. NEITHER USB NOR THE STATE
OF NEW YORK ASSUMES ANY LIABILITY FOR THE ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF
SUCH THIRD PARTIES IN THE PROVISION OF THOSE GOODS AND SERVICES.
Finally, don't believe everything that you read.